Wednesday, November 4, 2009

Milo = large jicama


This comparison between babies and produce makes me laugh. I like it, overall. Especially when he was just a tiny little blueberry-sized guy. I'm not sure I need as much help in imagining 3 3/4 lbs and, even if I did, I'm not super familiar with jicama. I do have 3 lb weights at my house, having participated as much as most people have in the at-home fitness video movement. At 36 weeks he will be the size of a Crenshaw melon, which does me no good b/c I've never even heard of that. Anyway, the thought of Milo as a jicama is a little bit cute.

He's very elbow-y and pokey but less turn over-y than he used to be, which is apparently b/c he's getting so big in comparison to his space. I like it when I can feel a little elbow or whatever on the outside of the belly. He used to sort of lean against one wall or the other and Kevin and I would spend time poking around until we found him (i.e., found a solid part of the belly), but now he's pretty much close to the surface all the time and all over. The only difference is when he pokes out a foot or whatever, which you can see/feel as a solid bump or asymmetry (for those of you who haven't actually had this experience before). The belly button is still hangin' in as an "inny" but it's really being pushed to its limit. Also, a lot of it is now on the outside, as it has become very shallow, and that skin is all soft and hairless, having been indoors for 32 years. Anyway, I have pretty much avoided baby talk up until now but it's pretty much the topic of conversation these days.

No comments: