Wednesday, January 20, 2010

What's a girl to do?

I'm trying to work these photos into a narrative. The main thing I can think to say is that I'm looking forward to a new normal. For now, things are 100% la-la land. I am in charge. I am the adult. There is a baby, and it is my responsibility to shape his life. If I don't get off my ass, he will be abandoned and alone. It's all very new. It's not hard per se, but, yet, it seems utterly impossible sometimes. So, anyway, here are three photos in which you can observe the innocent cargo with which I've been entrusted:





Now, I think this one is me, having given him his first bath, which terrified me.



And, here is Kevin, who doesn't have to attempt a bath until he feels more confident about it. Not fair...but true.

1 comment:

janet said...

Congratulations! I was wondering if Milo was here yet and he is! Good luck with all of the feedings and such that I've heard about. Let me know if there's anything you need. I would send you an e-mail, however, I'm afraid you might not be so much in the mood for correspondence right now. Wishing you and your family the best!