Wednesday, December 17, 2008

I have a Christmas song in my head but otherwise...

I keep being surprised how late in the month it is because I'm really not experiencing Christmas at all. We have a small aluminum tree with attached lights which we put up on a table near the front window so that it looks, from the street, like we have a regular-sized aluminum tree. I completed my Christmas shopping the weekend after Thanksgiving. Thanks to the crappy economy, it wasn't very crowded. Now I just get up and go to work every day...nothing has changed. This sort of depresses me. Also, it's kind of hot outside. I will continue humming my song. "Ding dong merrily on high!"

2 comments:

Lee Katz said...

Aluminum tree? It sounds like a Festivous for the rest of us!

anaeromyxo said...

It's silver. Our house is a mid-century rancher. We're being period-appropriate.