Friday, May 23, 2008

Chlorine, drippy hair, and nostalgia


In the gardening post, I pointed out that, rather than focusing, I'm choosing to introduce hobbies and activities while I work on my thesis. The theory is that, if I'm distracted, I won't lose my mind and commit a homocide. So, I went swimming with a friend yesterday afternoon. In the competition pool, with 50 meter lanes. It was cold, refreshing, exhausting, and perfect. I showered afterwards and immediately ponytailed my hair such that it smelled like shampoo when I went to sleep. I guess it's nostalgia that makes swimming so relaxing. The smell of chlorine, the drippy hair, that starving feeling afterward. When I woke up this morning, having showered the night before, I just re-ponytailed my hair, made soft but crazy by sleeping on it while wet, put on my clothes and came to work. I still feel relaxed, though my neck hurts, from breathing, I guess, weird.

No comments: