Saturday, October 4, 2008

Friday, sweaty friday

Blogs are a tricky issue. You can't talk about people who don't know you're talking about them, nor can you talk about people you don't like, at all. Also, you should probably keep from jinxing yourself on things by committing them to print. So, as a result, I find that I can not blog about one of the best and most tumultuous days I've ever had. It was this past Friday. Turns out that extremes in emotion make me sweat. That's the reason for the title of the blog. The high on Friday was 78 degrees. I was dressed appropriately. I ended the day needing to actually change my clothes before I could go to my celebratory dinner at the neighborhood pub. Gross, right? Emotional sweating. Not a cool characteristic. It's good that I'm not a spy or a professional poker player.

OK, so, here's what I will say about Friday. I want to reference Chocolat and that wind that makes the lady move around. I feel that this week was just like that. At some point between last week and this week, I decided to relax and just let things happen. Suddenly, the wind began to blow, temperatures dropped, my sister got her power knocked out by a wind storm, etc. Then, on Friday, I was given permission to [omitted in order to avoid tempting the fates]. Rhymes with bledule my blefense. Also, there is a toxic relationship, which developed this past semester between myself and an unnamed individual. A horrible confrontation occurred (details to anyone who contacts me in a non-public setting), the end result of which was the end of the relationship (joyful, joyful).

In addition to these two issues, I had been working on a small experiment for a second-author paper, which had stalled. There is one person who could have helped me figure out the problem. She doesn't work at GT, but, due to my window of unbelievable fortune, she showed up in my office, un-beckoned by me, and fixed my problem. Let's see...there was something else. OH! I don't mean to make you all think I'm crazy, but, on the way home, I got stuck behind a tow truck which had, printed on it's rear windshield, "God makes all things possible." I got all choked up before I reminded myself about how hard I have worked for all of these things...still. I like to indulge in a little beliefe in the other-worldly influence every now and then.

(I just noticed, on the TV, that, after the debate last week, about 50% of people think that Sarah Palin is qualified to be president. People are constantly surprising me.)

3 comments:

Lee Katz said...

I traded you a card you might need if it makes your weekend go any better.
This game is unnecessarily addictive.

anaeromyxo said...

Good job working together! I have a new new friend on now. She took my roulette wheel :( Your fountain made me feel somewhat better.

biophd said...

Oh, I definitely want to hear about this. But since it's only 2:00 am there I guess I'll have to wait a couple of hours.