Sunday, November 2, 2008

Happy Halloween/Birthday



Here are a few of my favorite things: costumes, presents, puppet shows, friends and family, getting lots of attention, steaks with bleu cheese, legos, memory foam, bookstore gift cards, Flight of the Conchords, ice cream, craft projects, nice fall weather, days off...

It is for these reasons, and many others, that my birthday weekend, so far, has been an absolute dream. On Friday, I worked from home and completed two thesis chapters without having to interact with a very grumpy advisor. Then, at 4:30, my husband came home early and my dad arrived from Tennessee. We walked to dinner in shirt sleeves with the sun warming us on the way and then we came home and drove to the puppet show (see above link). The show was fun, I saw a friend there, and we all returned home and went to sleep, after polishing off what the kids had left of the halloween candy (which we had left out on the steps). The next day, we all got up and drank coffee. Then Dad and I constructed an Ebenezer/bell banner for his church service on Sunday while Kevin grilled steaks, which he served with bleu cheese, sauteed mushrooms, and caramelized onions. Also asparagus and spaghetti squash. Then, caramel praline crunch ice cream and presents. My camera is lost so I don't have pictures of mine but I got the lego dwarves' mine. yay! Also, the first season of Flight of the Conchords, the CD of the Flight of the Conchords songs, a memory foam pillow, and a Barnes and Noble gift card. Also, a pillow with stitching on it that my mom had started and my sister finished. Good times. Very good times. Then, today, I get an extra hour! It's still only 10:30 and I've been awake, finishing my dwarves' mine, for hours!

2 comments:

biophd said...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY!! Seems like fun. I'm sorry I missed the puppet show, but Sarah told me she saw you. She said that she forgot to introduce Mike, but because she was in between her two qualifying exams she was feeling frazzled.

Reforming Soccer Mom said...

Happy Birthday (late)