Thursday, November 6, 2008

I [heart] my future president


I think that Reagan and Bush supporters have felt this way before. Clinton did some things that I approved of, politically speaking, but, personally, I just would like to say, "Ick ick ick." So, really this is a new feeling for me. I love this man. I watch his face when he speaks and remember fondly the little way that he flinches when he gets hit by a raindrop or the way he held back tears talking about his grandmother or the way he smiled when the crowd started chanting, "Yes we can!" I love him and now I'm so concerned for his safety. I can imagine now, for the first time, why people threw themselves down and sobbed when JFK was assassinated. He holds all my hopes and dreams, sure, but also, I think I have grown to actually love him. Is that possible?

2 comments:

Reforming Soccer Mom said...

http://www.nytimes.com/2008/11/06/garden/06root.html?partner=permalink&exprod=permalink

FYI...

has nothing to do with the election, sorry!!

Reforming Soccer Mom said...

http://ivoted4obamatee.com/?gclid=CPaS-PTZ6pYCFQS7sgodmHahPw

but this one does...maybe an early christmas gift?