Wednesday, November 5, 2008

Tonight is your answer

I'm without words of my own so I'm using a quote from last night's speech:
It's the answer that led those who've been told for so long by so many to by cynical and fearful and doubtful about what we can achieve to put their hands on the arc of history and bend it once more toward the hope of a better day. It's been a long time coming, but tonight, because of what we did on this day, in this election, at this defining moment, change has come to America.


I am at once so grateful and hopeful and fearful and amazed by these events. The clips from people who voted for the first time in their lives and civil rights leaders who never thought they'd see the day have left me stunned. Maybe tomorrow I'll be exuberant but today I'm just stunned.

No comments: