Tuesday, March 24, 2009

Pollen count--High. Achoo!

http://www.pollen.com/forecast.asp?zip=30309&affiliateid=8248

So, oak, cedar, and juniper are in the running for the plants/trees I'm allergic to. There's a lot of oak around me so I'm thinking that it's a good bet. I guess that some people are just allergic to "tree pollen" as opposed to "grass pollen." Anyway, my throat is sore and I'm sort of honk-y/snort-y. It reminds me of a Ray Stephens song that was on the same album as the song about the Mississippi squirrel.

The good news is, it's beautiful. Everything is in bloom and looking nice. Slutty trees sluttin' it up. Maybe I'll take some pictures of my yard tonight.

3 comments:

Melissa said...

HA! I totally remember that song about the squirrel. Man, haven't heard that song in a looong time.

Unknown said...

What's fun is that I'm allergic to both tree and grass pollen plus a couple of types of mold and cats and dust mites. My allergist said he was actually surprised that I hadn't scratched my eyes out.

biophd said...

I hate the weather in Germany. I went home early yesterday because of this cold and as soon as I left the lab is started snowing. It's snowing again now.