Sunday, March 29, 2009

The lovely side of spring

I can't tell if it's the rain or the semi-cold weather but my allergies have abated and I've had an opportunity to photograph my yard, as promised. This allowed me to practice my photography also.

I took these pictures of the vegetable garden so that I can make a big deal later about how much it's grown. I realized that "before" pictures were lacking last year.





Next, I'll show off my little window box. Again, I have some notion that it might improve later.







And, a few shots of the blooming stuff:

tulips


blueberry bushes


dogwood

3 comments:

biophd said...

Beautiful! We've got a few flowers here, but since I mostly don't recognize them, they don't inspire the same feeling. But your garden is amazing. Maybe next weekend I'll plant stuff on my balcony.

Melissa said...

Very cool. Our blueberry bushes are just starting to burst open, too. I'm super excited that they managed to survive the winter. And this year I vow to actually plant something in the flowerbeds in front of our house. Just gotta figure out what.

anaeromyxo said...

We put the blueberries in last weekend. I would blog about it but Kevin doesn't like for me to write about him. There is a complicated situation regarding how many bushes you need in order for them to get pollinated. It's kind of spiraling out of control.