Saturday, July 5, 2008

Golf carts make things fun.


So, for all of you out there in the internet world who don't know, my in-laws, whom I love, live in a golf-cart community. A crazy conservative golf cart community with beautiful tree-covered cart paths that take you anywhere from the grocery store to church to the high school to the various community festivals. There's also a lake from which my father-in-law recently caught an 8 pound bass (another story from another time). Now, the key phrase for you to keep in mind about the previous two sentences is, "various community festivals." I spent the 4th of July there. I wore patriotic colors to blend in. Now, first there was a parade, like any other (aside from a series of Christian floats like this, the only one I took a picture of...they're fishers of men...Yay) but you just ride your little cart up to the line and you're right there. So, the next thing that's exciting about the whole situation , aside from parades and free food everywhere and just general good times, is the golf carts themselves. Here are a few examples. And here's ours. Finally, comes the fireworks display! The lake means that you can see these fireworks from so many different places that it's not crowded (that's right, our cart had a light-up flag) and there are food vendors and, man oh man, if it weren't for the commute and the fact that I would have to make that commute in order to hang out with people who don't care that I don't care for our president, I would live in this place. Just wait until you see what they do at Christmas!

1 comment:

biophd said...

Awesome! We had no fireworks, which is tragic beyond belief. We did manage to find some sparklers and one bottle rocket, but that was all. Peachtree city blows our celebration away.